Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stupid Publisher decisions Part 2 - Changing Paperback Size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi

What they have done to Jim Butcher's Dresden Files book "Changes" has frustrated me no end today. Not only are they not producing this book in an A Format with the original artwork, but the imbecilic publishers have also decided, to bring this book out in a different size. Instead of an A format (standard paperback size), we get this weird 1/2 A, 1/2 B format (A.5?) where the width and the depth of the book is the same as an A format paperback (standard release), but the book is in a B Format height (another 4 - 5 cm taller than an A format). So, it will still fit in your bookcase with all your other A format books, but you can't double stack your books on top of it, as it is too tall for this to occur.

Same comments as before... why can't these book stay the same size as all the other books that came out from the series - an A format. Bring back the A Format paperback size, and for crying out loud... keep books consistent for their full series (size, cover art etc). Once a series is finished, fine, feel free to reproduce the books with different artwork and different sizes, but don't do it partway through. It's incredibly frustrating.

A very sad reader :cry:

Xena

P.S. On a positive note, I can't wait to read changes, I'm just upset by how it's being presented this time.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Publisher decisions Part 2 - Changing Paperback S
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:43 pm 

Again I cry - my poor bookshelves.

I think I have one (1!) shelf that is of consistent height and size the whole way across. It's my David Eddings shelf (though it has Feists stacked on top of it). All the rest are a crazy mishmash of sizes.

Now some of that is hardcovers and second hand books and weird editions. But a lot of it is books and series that started out as As and grew. Or worse, were some random in between size to start with and never made acquaintence with standards.