Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Preferred time / day for Monpoc events
Poll ended at Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:07 pm
Thursday evening 5.30pm - 8.30pm 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Saturday 10-2pm 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Monsterpocalypse eventing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:07 pm 

Ok, we had the first proper sit down, throw down event last night, which was great fun. we have naother tomorrow. *But* trying to work out when we hold future ones will require a little bit of feedback from people. These events are likely to be once a month at most frequent, less often possible. If we can get 6 or more people pre-registered for the evnt on the Privateer events site (eg http://www.privateerevents.com/events/details/776), the Privateer will provide some prize support (like the Mega Chthugrosh (???) thing last night) for us! Obivously we'd all like more specky figures for our armies, so this is what we are aiming for.

So, the options I've put in the poll allow for people to give feedback on their preferred time. Note that due to shop / arcade opening hours, we really can't do any other days.

Thursdays will only give us time for 2-3 rounds, and we'll need to be ultra organised (read, start at 5.30 for first round, and not run over any round) to get the 3rd round in. Saturdays we should have a comfortable 3 rounds, possibly 4. Saturdays is also easier for us to manage logistically, as no-one needs to leave work early. And a break for food is more feasible :)

Cya
Dan

May my ninjas be victorious! bwahahahaha!

Post subject: More Monsters! November 27th
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:23 pm 

Ok, I have had a couple of people asking when we're playing again. Since I'm the only one so far with a preference for Saturdays (hurrumph to the lotta ya), it looks like we'll be doing Thursday evenings occasionally.

Between now and the end of the year, we have November 27th and December 18th available (all other Thursdays are booked for other instore events). While the 27th is short notice for prize support (they want 6 people pre-registered at least 15 days prior for overseas, ie. us), we'll run with booster draft at a minimum.

But please register asap (by Tuesday to get Privateer prize support!).
http://www.privateerevents.com/events/details/1234

Cya
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:51 am 

Good news, our event on November 27th has reached the minimum level for official prize support (it's listed as 'ordered'). *\o/* Thanks for getting in quick on those registrations guys! I'll let you know when it arrives and you can sticky beak at the figures.

So, we'll have Mega Armodax for the winner, and Shadow Hunters for the 6 ore-registered players. I don't know if we get more shadow hunters if more of you pre-register before the kit is sent to us, but can't hurt to try. All players (pre-registered or not) will walk away with at least one figure, as we will be running a booster draft again.

We also expect more boosters to be arriving within days, they have shipped from Privateer last week.

cya
Dan

Post subject: More MonPoc events?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:11 am 

Ok, I admit, I'm hooked on the silly game. How can one resist rampaging monsters?!

So... more organised events anyone? That is, more events after the 27th. Since everyone loves special prizes, and organising events here is kinda difficult (yeah, we're 'cosy' and not really designed for games in store), I'd like to know that I have at least 3 takers for any event before officially advertising it. We can have regular games (a set day of the month each month) or organise each game as we can.

The only 'free' date left this year is Thursday, December 18th.

Next year, we can play with 2nd or 4th Thursdays of the month, and Saturdays excluding the 3rd one each month. The Saturdays I would need to confirm which ones I'm already otherwise busy, or have someone else doing all the set-up and running for.

For now I'll list 'known' okay dates, which is Thursdays. Once 3 people reply here with an "I'll be there if it's on", or let us know in store, we'll list it. Ideally we would know more than 3 weeks ahead of time, to get more prize support (which will be changing every 4-6 weeks from the looks of things). The more events we can get 6+ pre-registered players to, the more shadow figures you get, and the more chances to get the megas (which means more megas in our local player groups for playing with!).

Available Thursdays for the next few months
November 27th (already booked, with Privateer prize support!)
December 18th

January 8th
January 22nd
January 29th
February 12th
February 26th

If anyone wants Saturday games, please speak up, and I'll have a hunt to see when is really available.

Cya
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:58 am 

Put my hand up for December 18, Jan 8th, Feb 12 and 26th. These are dates I would consider attending. The other January ones are too close to Cancon for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 am 

Ooooh, good point. Just hunted down their info, looks like no MonPoc there next year (too soon after release for anyone to organise I guess). One day I'll make it to CanCon, I've been hearing about it for years.

For those interested, the CanCon site is at
http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon2009.html

Cya
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:44 pm 

I'm running Infinity/Hell Dorado/Pulp City tournament :wink:

Post subject: Monster Cards
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:31 am 

A quick scan of the MonPoc forums shows I'm not ht eonly one who'd like to be able to see what each of my units does without double checking the reference card all the time, and hunting for things that are in alphabetical order, but hey, like I can *remember* what the ability is called all the time!

http://forums.monsterpocalypsegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150

Pretty cards. I particularly like the ones by Kitsune. Now I just need to get a set printed out (and sleeved/laminated) for quick easy what does each of the thing on the table do without flipping pages back and forth constantly!

Cya
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 pm 

They are nice.

Has the support kit arrived yet?

Also what is the best place to park... I coming from North Sydney and Im not quite sure where you guys are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:34 am 

Jim,
Yes the support kit is here, Shadow figs will be given to the 6 who registered in time to ensure the kit. Winner gets first dibs on the mega. They have the choice to not take it, and to take somethign from the booster draft instead, but somehow I don't think this will happen given this is the first Mega Armodax here :) Whoever does end up with the Mega will stand out of the booster draft, as they can always swap their shiny at a later date for a whole army of units if they really wanted :)

best plece to park is in one of the 2 parking stations. The Erby place carpark backs onto our arcade, and can accessed from Horwood Place (section between Phillip Street and George Street), or from Erby Place (turn off Phillip St). There is street parking around, but it is high demand and user pays :( The parking station is cheaper.

So far we have 9 players for this Thursday (27th), and 4 for December (only 2 more needed for another prize kit, and another chance at winning a mega, and getting shadow figs). i have a couple of 'maybes for Thursday as well, so I *really* hope they let me know beforehand <hint, hint>, as otherwise we'll be short of tables and chairs!

Cya
Dan

Post subject: Prize Support cut-off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:40 pm 

Argh, just found out that the cut-off for prize support fro international is 15 *woprking* days, not 15 days. So 3 weeks before the event, we need at least 6 people registered to get prize support.

Our event on December 17th still needs another 2 people to reach this level, by tomorrow!

Even if you don't particularly want the mega in question, it is a good idea to pre-register to get your shadow figure (for trading if not keeping) and if you win the mega, well hey, you have the uber-trade!

Get registering folks!
Worst case scenario is I poke everyone at the event tomorrow night and give you all a few minutes to do it online here before you leave.

Cya
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:40 am 

Thanks Dan for hosting the event last night it was a hoot.

It was great to see other Monsters in action.

Hope to see you on the 18th.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:56 am 

Glad to hear you had a good time. It looked like a hoot. I'm looking forward to be slightly less busy some Thursday next year so I can play again <sigh>.

So how many people can / would be interested in Saturday games at all? They wouldn't replace Thursdays, but be in addition to them.

I'm hoping to make the second Thursday of each month our regular date here, as it should be comfortably in the middle of each Prize Support kit.

Cya
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:00 pm 

Can people please check their boxes for things they may have picked up by mistake. Ming ended up short 3 or 4 rubble tiles at our first event, and a bank headquarters this week. I believe Ed is also trying to find some rulebooks and reference guides that may have been grabbed by mistake at one of 3 or 4 different sessions prior to this week's one. :oops:

Given that there is no easy way to distinguish figures yet <waits impatiently for accessory kits>, it would be very easy to msitakenly pick up your opponent's or neighbouring game's figure by accident, because you know you had one of those on the table. I know we ended up with one extra rulebook and reference guide from our first event, that have been now found their way back to their owner.

send mail to me at the shop address, or the owner directly (if you can) if you think you have grabbed something by mistake.

Thanks
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:16 pm 

Hey Dan,

I might not be able to make the 18th. Think my childrens XMAS party falls on that night.

Will let you know when I know.

Jim