Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Survey of Fantasy Writers and Readers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:27 am 
Site Admin

I have been asked to advertise a survey of fansasy writers and readers, being conducted by a aboygoesonajourney.com

Quote:
· It is a non-commercial and blind survey; participants do not need to register or provide their name or email address.

· The questions are based on a number of varied assumptions and stereotypes people have about themselves as fantasy writers, and about how others view them.

· If you wish to view the survey to make sure the questions are appropriate and relevant, the link is
http://aboygoesonajourney.com/htdocs/modules/liaise/index.php?form_id=3

I am very interested to see the results when available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm 

Hello all!

I'm the one to blame for this survey ;)

Basically, in my internet roamings, I've seen and heard lots of assumptions and theories about 'what makes a fantasy writer' in habits, personality, clothing, music. Some of these things don't really seem to connect at all.

The patterns I did seem to notice from people's postings were that people on one forum were more likely to have author loyalty than another forum, that fan-fiction seemed to be on the rise and that the majority of people on various sites had grown up around other readers of fantasy.

I have a list of things that I had assumed about fantasy writers (or got annoyed about) and this survey is proving quite a few of them wrong, although the one about most fan fiction being from Harry Potter is fitting well.

The survey will end the 20th of December 2007, and then I will analyse and present the results against general assumptions and we can all have fun discussing *cougharguingcough*over it.

If you have any comments, feel free to post here or email me at overlord@aboygoesonajourney.com.

Thanks for participating! :D[/b][/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:07 pm 

Just an update.

So far the survey has had over 230 responses!

Unfortunately in the past week, I changed the website software and had some hard times trying to get the survey running up again. Because of this, the url has changed to
http://aboygoesonajourney.com/index.php ... &Itemid=46

Also I have decided to run the survey now till the 10th of January. If you had trouble getting there in the past week - I'm sorry! Please try again now :)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:08 pm 

Hello!

Well it's been a long few months, but I finally have fought through the problems caused by updating and the family drama that is Christmas and other holidays, and have the survey results!

http://aboygoesonajourney.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=50

Thank you all for participating!