Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hub Productions Serenity Con May 2008
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:45 am 

http://www.thehubproductions.com/apr08/Home.htm

Quote:
Dear Hubsters,

Firstly, thank you all so much for your patience and your support over these last few, very trying months, when so much has been going on.

Firstly, on a personal note, Rand and I were married on 27th February. It was a brilliant day and fun was had by all; and as per the below picture you can see that we paid homage to the geek in both of us.

Now to begin with the bad news…and please don’t hate me. We have had to (on the request of our major guest) push the event back to the weekend of the 10th and 11th of May. That is the 10th in Sydney and the 11th in Melbourne (with the Sydney cocktail party date now Friday 9th of May). And believe me when I say third time lucky, because now for the good news…

Along with the uber-talented Jason Palmer and the wonderful Ron Glass, I am ecstatic to announce that we have, signed, sealed and soon to be delivered… Captain Tightpants himself, MR NATHAN FILLION!

We’ve faced many hurdles to bring you this event and secure a great line-up, such as the cancellation of guests due to work commitments, and another promoter swooping in to throw a large amount of money at one of the cast members (who was committed to coming to our event but cancelled at the prospect of more money). Sad but true. Then there was the writers’ strike which, as you know, totally threw a spanner in the works. And when that was finally over (yay for the writers!) we then had to work around the schedule of Desperate Housewives, as before the strike they only had a few episodes in the can. But now we’ve finally come to a solution that will bring you the best event we can possibly hold. Further details, such as locations, will be forthcoming, but in the meantime, make sure you get your ticket orders in as soon as possible.

We’ve already sold a lot of tickets, including VIPs and Platinums, so if you want to get your fill of Nathan Fillion goodness, don’t waste time. As always, seating preference is on a first come, first served basis.

The Hub Crew

Last edited by mimble on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:38 pm 

Wow, that seems downright amazing.

I'll be there! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:18 pm 

Potentially bad news, Creation Entertainment have announced they wil be running a Firefly/Serenity con in Burbank California on the same weekend as the Hub con, they've have Morena as their only guest so far but I'm sure that will change :?

http://www.creationent.com/cal/serenity.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:35 pm 

This has been postponed until April '08. Ron Glass is the first confirmed cast member. Artist Jason Palmer will also be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:12 pm 

Another update. The date has changed yet again (it's now the 10th and 11th of May) and another guest has been added to the line-up, Nathan Fillion is heading downunder :D