Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragonlance Movie / Forgotten Realms
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:10 pm 

I heard recently that they are making an animated Dragonlance movie (though there has been discussion about this for years). Can anyone confirm this? I havn't been able to find out much since.
There has also been a long discussion for years about a Forgotten Realms movie or TV series. Does anyone know where this is sitting at the moment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:31 pm 
Infinitas troll

The official site for the movie is http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/. There's also some information over on IMDB @ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825245/ as well.

According to the official site, it should be ready for release in spring 2007. IMDB is showing the release as September but also warns that as the film is still listed as being in production the date could change.

Post subject: Dragonlance Movie / Forgotten Realms
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:20 am 

Thanks. I've checked that every now and then for a while and never saw info anywhere else so thought it may have been a furfie or fallen through. The forgotten Realms one was the same, heaps of hype and lots of talk for a while - then nothing!
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:21 pm 
Infinitas troll

I don't recall every hearing about a Forgotten Realms movie, so I can't comment too much about that. But, my main question would be what book are they basing the movie off? Most of the books I've read in that series are way too AD&D based to convert across to a movie. It wouldn't suceed as a movie, and would probably need to be a straight to video release.

With the Dragonlance Chronicles, I can see that one being more successful. The books don't revolve around a game engine and are actually telling a story that people would be interested in seeing - war, love, heroism, etc. I just wish it was live action and not a cartoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

I just deleted a spam post. grr